Thursday, June 13, 2013

New. Nuevo. Nouveau.



2013. The year of new things. As midnight approached on December 31st , 2012, I sat at home contemplating the new year. What was this year going to be like? What resolution(s) will I let myself think I will stick to, only to abandon the idea two weeks into the year? Exercising, eating healthy, and being more financially responsible…ideas just rolled in and out of my head, not really taking root. Every idea that passed through seemed like a great resolution for the New Year, but there was a voice buried somewhere that kept saying, “Those are things you should be doing anyway”. I needed something new, something challenging. Then it hit me. New. New Year. New things. 2013 was going to be my year of doing new things. 

Something new I’ve wanted to do for some time was start a blog. Particularly a food based blog. So here I am. Starting a blog. Six months into the New Year. Better late than never, right? 

I suck at writing and I suck at taking decent photos. I have some friends that can manipulate simple words into pages of ideas that can make you question your knowledge of life and other friends, who not only see beauty in what I cannot, but they can capture that beauty on film or on canvas (or these days, digitally. Psssh, technology). Hopefully I can learn from them. But for now, we're all stuck with my amateur photography and sub-par writing skills. I've got to start somewhere, even if that somewhere is the bottom. Challenge accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment